Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Goal and My Resolutions for 2012

I don't usually make New Year Resolutions, but it's time I make some changes around here.
My goal for 2012 is to become better self-disciplined in several areas of my life.  So, here are my resolutions to help me reach my goal:
1.)  I need to fix my relationship with God.  By that I mean that I need to slow down and listen for God's voice and direction in my life.  I need to spend time reading my Bible.  I need to spend time in serious prayer with my Lord.
2.)  I need to strengthen my relationship with my husband.  We've been married for 17 years, together for 21.  We've been busy with children and just trying to make ends meet financially.  I need to take time for 'us'.  I need to be sure I don't put him last just because I'm tired at the end of the day.  I need to balance my 'me' time with some 'us' time.
3.)  I need to exercise.  I know, I know - that is the resolution of millions of people and most of us will fail.  Okay, I'm aware of that.  And I will probably fail.  But, I recognize the need and I have stated it - that's a start right?  I actually LIKE to exercise!  I just don't like to do it.  That doesn't make much sense but that's the way it is.
4.)  I'd like to learn something new.  I learned about several new things last year and have incorporated some of them into my life and I am very pleased!  Now, it's time to learn something else.  Like how to use essential oils or how to make money from home.  Who knows!  I'll pick something and dive into it until I've got it figured out and working for me....I wonder what it will be....
5.)  I need to strengthen the homeschooling of my 7th grader and find SOMETHING that will help my 2nd grader learn to read with confidence.
6.)  I need to cultivate my writing abilities and take time to enjoy putting words in print.
7.)  I need to rediscover my ability and enjoyment in playing the piano.  I have neglected my beautiful piano for far too long.
Well, that's enough for now.  Whew!  That list makes me tired.  The procrastinator in me wants to run, but that wouldn't be very self-disciplined of me would it?