Saturday, June 4, 2011

What germs?

My only son is my 3rd child.  He is 2 1/2 yo.  He is putting a new spin on the meaning of the word 'germs'. 
This past Tuesday I met my mom halfway (halfway between her house and mine, our meeting spot for exchanging the kids).  The location is a gas station...with a restroom.  My 7yo came out of the one person at a time loo and left the door open.  My son, who knows how to potty but REFUSES, made a bee line for the door, ran in put his hands on the seat and then promptly rubbed his eyes and stuck his finger in his mouth.  My mom laughed and said 'Now I know why you call yourself Zookeeper!'  HaHa, very funny mom - I hope he doesn't get deathly ill while he is at your house.
This past Thursday we met again, but in a different location because she had not given them lunch yet.  The place - Burger King.  My son, who was refusing to sit down, (and to keep the peace he was getting away with it), dropped his cookie on the floor.  My mom says, "And that was the last cookie; they don't have any more."  Hmmmm....  I let him eat it.  I figure if he didn't get sick over the potty germs, a nasty cookie wasn't going to hurt him either.  Gross?  Yes.  Deathly?  No.  Happy boy with a cookie, who isn't going to throw a tantrum in the middle of Burger King?  Yes.

No comments: